Friday, October 19, 2007

(DAILY MAIL) Submit maize storage report, Levy orders FRA

Submit maize storage report, Levy orders FRA
By KANGWA MULENGA

PRESIDENT Mwanawasa has directed Food Reserve Agency (FRA) executive director, Anthony Mwanaumo, to submit a report on the status of maize storage facilities following the onset of the 2007/08 rainy season. Dr Mwanawasa made the directive yesterday when he officiated at the Zambia National Farmers’ Union (ZNFU) 102nd annual congress at Mulungushi International Conference Centre in Lusaka.

“When I was in the USA recently, I received reports that some maize bought by FRA and still lying in some parts of the country had gone bad because of the rains, yet we gave FRA a lot of money to ensure that the maize was safe,” Dr Mwanawasa said.

“So, I want a full report on the storage status next week on Monday.”

Dr Mwanawasa said Government would not allow any grain to go to waste when the FRA had the capacity to look after the maize properly.

“I would like to urge FRA to ensure that all the produce that they bought is put under good and safe storage,” Dr Mwanawasa said.

Meanwhile, President Mwanawasa has invited ZNFU to State House to discuss the problems in the livestock industry.

Dr Mwanawasa extended the invitation after ZNFU president, Guy Robinson, requested for a meeting to discuss the way forward on diseases in the livestock industry.

“I have accepted your request to come for a discussion on the future of the livestock industry.

I have recently appointed a permanent secretary, Dr Isaac Phiri from University of Zambia, at the Ministry of Agriculture, so he shall be glad to discuss the state of the livestock industry,” he said.

Speaking earlier, Mr Robinson said there was need for a radical approach to solving the problems affecting the livestock industry.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:27 AM , Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home