Monday, October 15, 2007

Lubinda is 'barking' unnecessarily - Musosha

Lubinda is 'barking' unnecessarily - Musosha
By Mwala Kalaluka
Monday October 15, 2007 [04:00]

LUAPULA Province minister Chrispine Musosha yesterday described Kabwata PF member of parliament Given Lubinda’s behaviour as that of a dog that barks unnecessarily. But Lubinda said no amount of name calling and threats will deter him from calling on the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) to conclusively investigate the incident where Musosha’s Canter truck was impounded by forestry officers along Mansa-Samfya road for carrying unlicensed charcoal.

Reacting to Lubinda’s call for his arrest over reports that he harassed and threatened to dismiss forestry officers that impounded his truck carrying charcoal that was unlicensed, Musosha threatened to physically deal with Lubinda if he persisted to comment on the issue. The impounded truck was being driven by Musosha’s 24-year-old son, Clive Mumba.

“It is obviously some abnormality that he (Lubinda) should call for my arrest. Anyway, it is his nature. There are certain dogs

that just start barking even when it sees a shadow,” an emotionally-charged Musosha said.

He said Lubinda should have collected more facts on the issue before calling for his arrest.

“He is behaving like a dog. It is like he wants to get on my neck,” Musosha said. “If he is ready, I am willing to take him physically. He should not repeat that because I think I am not the kind of person and I do not want that game.”
Musosha said further that Lubinda was just ‘a poor man’ who did not have the money to pay him if he decides to sue for defamation. He said Clive was mature and independent, adding that he was shocked that instead of charging the offender, the forestry officers decided to put his name on the charge sheet.
“So when a child or a daughter of mature age is found with a case, should the parent be charged?” Musosha asked. “I am surprised that honourable Lubinda is even calling for my arrest. Why should I be arrested for something that I did not do?”

Musosha said Lubinda’s comments had reduced him to a charcoal burner.
“Why can’t he just concentrate on the problems in his constituency and leave me to deal with the problems in my constituency. As far as I am concerned, I think he has hundred and one problems in his area,” said Musosha.

But Lubinda said as an advocate in the fight against corruption, he would continue his call for the ACC to investigate the matter and establish whether Musosha had interfered with law enforcement procedures.

“He is at liberty to start name calling people. He can call me all sort of names he wishes and he can also threaten me with physical violence but that won’t stop me at all,” Lubinda said. “I am still calling on the ACC to investigate this matter; being an advocate in the fight against corruption, I feel very disturbed that you the media, who are key players in this fight, report cases of abuse of authority but there is no follow up from the investigating agencies.”

Lubinda said it was not a question of whether the charcoal belonged to Musosha or his son but that investigation agencies should establish if Musosha’s intercession in the matter amounted to abuse of office.

“I was calling in the ACC to investigate this matter conclusively so that if he (Musosha) is found guilty then the law should take its course,” said Lubinda.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home