Saturday, March 29, 2008

Chiinda declares support for govt

Chiinda declares support for govt
By Miriam Zimba
Saturday March 29, 2008 [03:00]

WE call ourselves endangered species, fired Mazabuka district commissioner Misheck Chiinda has said.

In an interview yesterday morning, Chiinda, who was supposed to chair the District Disaster Management meeting, disclosed that he only received the letter terminating his employment yesterday morning.

“We call ourselves endangered species (political appointees), thus for me to have been here this long, I would like to thank his Excellency the President for having accorded me this opportunity to serve as DC for the last three years. All I can say is that I will continue giving him and the New Deal government my full support,” he added.

No reasons have been advanced in the letter of termination signed by Southern Province Permanent Secretary Darius Hakayobe dated March 14, 2008. Chiinda said he would now concentrate on farming and supporting the MMD.





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home