Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kapiji seeks Kanchibiya seat, campaigns for Rupiah

Kapiji seeks Kanchibiya seat, campaigns for Rupiah
By Amos Malupenga
Tuesday September 16, 2008 [04:00]

Former lands minister Judith Kapijimpanga yesterday urged the people of Kanchibiya Constituency in Mpika to vote for her and MMD presidential candidate Rupiah Banda to guarantee continued development in the area.

In an interview, Kapijimpanga said it would be difficult for the MMD to rekindle its glory if they did not allow Vice-President Banda to continue where late president Levy Mwanawasa left.

“I would humbly urge our people to consider putting Rupiah Bwezani Banda in the saddle to enhance continuity and development because if we cut the tape now, it will be difficult to rekindle our glory,” Kapijimpanga said. “I also appeal to the people of Kanchibiya not to make experiments but vote for me and thereby allow me to finish the projects that I started.”

Kapijimpanga said from the time she lost to opposition Patriotic Front candidate in 2006, she noticed that the constituency had back-peddled in development issues. She said the Chiunda Ponda Road, which was a major project, stalled after she left the seat. She said the same was true of most community schools she sponsored. Kapijimpanga said even the rehabilitation of government schools slowed down.

“That’s why I feel I would be the best person to be put back in this parliamentary office,” said Kapijimpanga. “I can proudly say that I, through the government, enabled projects like clinics in Luchebe, Kabinga, Chinkobo and at Chikakala in Mpepo chiefdom.”

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home