Friday, January 02, 2009

(NYASATIMES) Nyasa Times can't silence me, says Kaliati

Nyasa Times can't silence me, says Kaliati
By Praise Liomba 31 December, 2008 03:04:00

Malawi Minister of Information and Civic Education , Patricia Kaliati has said despite the popularity that the on-line publication, Nyasa Times is getting among Malawians, both at home and in the diaspora, it can't silence or destroy her.

Reacting to the story published on Nyasa Times, which exposed her sadistic antics that she is using the mobile phone company, Zain Malawi to spy on her cabinet colleagues, opposition leaders, senior police and army officers and business people, Kaliati, who was not very clear on the allegations, told the state controlled MBC that she was not cowed or intimidated by Nyasa Times and its locally based journalists.

"Whatever you write about me, will not change me," said the loose tounged politician.

"You can't kill me. Am a carefree person. You are dealing with a wrong person. I can't even fail in my constituency through your fake reports. I will fight you back," said Kaliati.

She said she was happy serving the government of "Ngwazi" President Bingu Wa Mutharika and had no time to "waste" with what she called "propaganda machine."

Kaliati, who sounded nervous and exposed following the publication of the allegations, said she was being promoted through Nyasa Times.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home