Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chiluba’s infidelity is well known – Sata

Chiluba’s infidelity is well known – Sata
By George Chellah
Sat 27 Feb. 2010, 04:00 CAT

PF leader Michael Sata yesterday said that former president Frederick Chiluba's infidelity is well known.

In an interview, Sata said Chiluba's much talked about dossier against him would just expose how shallow and petty he is and eventually embarrass him (Chiluba) to the country.

“In any case, they have been jumping that they have a dossier against me but there is nothing new in that dossier because this is something I have had to live with every day and my wife knows about those children,” Sata said.

“So there is nothing they are exposing and the fact of the matter is that I cannot deny my children. Have I ever denied them? If they are in a habit of denying children, that's them, but not Mr Sata.

I have a very long list of Chiluba's infidelity but I don't want to be petty like him. Chiluba's infidelity is well known.”

And Sata said there was nobody in his life that he had shown so much compassion and forgiveness to like Chiluba. He said he had always extended a hand of friendship to Chiluba whenever he was in trouble.

“Because of my strong religious…Catholic background, I have tried at all times of need to keep Chiluba company.

What you should know is that during the third term debate, Chiluba was abandoned by everybody, including those rebels he is now dancing and talking about except Peter Machungwa,” Sata said.

“The only people who remained advising Chiluba during that period was myself, Eric Silwamba and Richard Sakala and we luckily managed to get him out of that nonsense.

Even when Chiluba had problems with the late Levy Mwanawasa, he was totally deserted. The only person who remained with him was Regina.

“But I remained with him until he himself decided that he didn't need my company because there was no point of me imposing myself. May God surely bless him!”

Sata said he could not describe Chiluba's behaviour as an act of betrayal because he had never viewed him any different from what he was currently doing.

“I can't say that he has betrayed or stabbed me in the back because this is who Frederick is,” Sata said. “Even when I show compassion and forgiveness to him, I don't expect anything in return.

It's just out of kindness because that's what Christianity teaches us. Therefore, I don't even feel betrayed in any way because I am dealing with a person I know very well.”

Sata said his association with Chiluba even cost him parliamentary seats in the 2006 general elections.
“In Luapula, I lost Chiengi, Chembe, Mansa Central, Nchelenge and Mambilima,” Sata said. “In Northern Province, it cost me a number of seats because both in Luapula and Northern provinces, people were telling me at point blank that 'why are you associating with Chiluba.

Did you also benefit from the stolen money?' And this is a thank you I get from him despite that? Chiluba is very ungrateful. I know him!”

Sata said this was not the first time he was dealing with Chiluba.

“When I was ward chairman for Kabulonga ward in UNIP, when Kaunda released him Chiluba from Livingstone prison, I invited Chiluba and brought him to the UNIP ward meeting in Bauleni. I introduced him as a matter of sympathy to the ward that 'this is Chiluba you have been reading about,'” Sata said.

“I know Frederick and Frederick has always been like that. And I don't even want to talk about people's children because I know them. That's being very petty and childish because when you do that, you are drawing innocent children in things they shouldn't even be involved in. ”

Sata said it was clear the MMD were too desperate.

“Already you can see that they are contradicting themselves. When Chiluba had a press conference, he said there was chombela ng'anda traditional marriage. When he sent Charles Chimumbwa to speak in the Times of Zambia, he was saying that the children where born outside wedlock. If this case takes off, my president will be embarrassed,” Sata said.

He said the problem with lies was that they always boomeranged. “On this nonsense they are trying to peddle about corruption in the Times of Zambia, what happened was that in 1992 I accompanied Chiluba when he was visiting Central Province.

And among other issues on his programme was to meet the business community and he met them at Hindu Hall in Kabwe,” Sata said.

“During that meeting, one of the businessmen asked him about corruption in his government and he replied that he doesn't like corruption that's why he had instructed the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) to investigate one minister, Mr Sata. I was seated next to him when he made those remarks.

“It was him who instructed the ACC because he wanted to pin me down. And Chiluba was disappointed with the ACC because they didn't manage to get the results he wanted.

Whatever they are trying to do, there is nothing. No wonder ACC failed to proceed with that matter.

ACC wanted permission from the DPP to prosecute and they were told that 'what are you going to prosecute?' You just tell them that they can't pin somebody on a mere investigation.

That money they are talking about was not in my account, it was in the council's account.

“They wanted to use the excuse that because I was a shareholder in Standard Chartered Bank but what they didn't know is that there was no direct benefit to all shareholders including myself. I sympathise with Chiluba and Edward Mumbi because they have never had money.

I came with money into MMD and Chiluba came poor, so I know financial matters and transactions more than him. If Chiluba believed in what he gave Mumbi that I stole, why didn't he dismiss me?

Why did he keep me for 10 years if I had stolen? Does that make sense to you? It's desperation! Chiluba's so-called dossier will just show how petty and shallow he is. He will be embarrassed at the end and not me.”

Sata said his hands were very clean.
“When I left UNIP to join MMD, I knew that I was dealing with mercenaries so I was very very careful in whatever I did. More careful than those who came with a pair of shoes and left with 3,000 pairs,” Sata said. “Do you think Mwanawasa would have spared me if I had scandals to my file during the period I served as minister under Chiluba?

They are just desperate but that will not help them. Actually, I even want to thank the ACC director general because he has said the truth about that case. ACC failed to take the matter anywhere because there was nothing.”

Sata said Chiluba was using Mumbi and Chimumbwa to peddle lies.

“My advice to Mumbi and Chimumbwa is to just keep quiet before they are humiliated. I know them very well,” said Sata.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home