Sunday, October 31, 2010

(NEWZIMBABWE) Kelly Rowland, Ludacris set Zimbabwe date

Kelly Rowland, Ludacris set Zimbabwe date
by Sandra Nyaira
30/10/2010 00:00:00

ZIMBABWEAN music lovers are set to see out 2010 in style with former Destiny’s Child and multi-platinum solo artist, Kelly Rowland, planning a one-off show in Harare with American rapper Ludacris.

Rowland, who turned up to support women journalists from around the world at a Beverly Hills event hosted by the International Women's Media Foundation said she would be in Harare in December for one show only.

"I'm going there for a concert with other artists, including Ludacris and it will be my first time to go to Zimbabwe, it's going to be really amazing for me. I have gone to Tanzania, Johannesburg and Kenya so now I get to add Zimbabwe to my list, I'm really excited," she said.

Asked what her fans in Harare should expect Kelly said: "It's going to be huge. With Destiny's Child it was another thing but with myself as a performer it’s another and I have a good time on the stage and they will definitely enjoy the show."

"I want my fans to know that I'm in the studio and working hard. I'm definitely excited about going to Zimbabwe and doing it there," said Kelly adding it may be difficult to give Zimbabweans a taste of the new album ahead of its release because of the way the internet works.

"It's been great. I'm actually working hard on my third solo album so I'm excited," she says of her solo career which started after Destiny's Child disbanded in 2005 with Beyonce going on to become the biggest of former members in their new chosen paths.

She's working on her third new solo album. The album, which has no title yet, will be out in 2011, she says.

"I have some titles that I'm thinking of but I'm keeping them secret, it will be a surprise for my fans," she added

Rowland revealed she was supposed to have gone to Harare with Akon but would now travel to the country with Ludacris. She however said she did not have much information about the promoters and the date of the show but insisted it was “definitely” in December.

Rowland rose to fame in the late 1990s as one of the founding members of the girl group Destiny's Child. In 2009, she became the host of the Bravo competition series The Fashion Show alongside Isaac Mizrahi.

Also known for her charitable work, Rowland said it was important for people like her to support the women's cause through various organisations like the IWMF.

“It's about empowering women and it's very important. We need to empower more and more females to set it up for the next generation," she said.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home