Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rupiah justifies his travels

Rupiah justifies his travels
By Ernest Chanda
Wed 27 Oct. 2010, 04:00 CAT

PRESIDENT Rupiah Banda has said his frequent travel is the definition of a good president. And President Banda has called for the immediate arrest of people spearheading the Barotse Freedom Movement (BFM) in Western Province.

Addressing journalists at Lusaka's City Airport before leaving for Eastern Province yesterday, President Banda said it was his duty to inspect projects across the country.

“I am the President and I have to supervise projects. Yes, somebody the other day said I'm a project manager, yes, that's the definition of a good President. You are the CEO chief executive officer and you have to inspect all the projects,” President Banda said. “I have to inspect all the projects and if I do well, you vote for me. If I don't, then... but it's my work and I'm proud of that; I have to go and check that.”

And President Banda has called for dialogue and not rioting over those pressing for the Barotse Freedom Movement.

President Banda however called for the immediate arrest of rioters who damaged property in their push towards Barotse Freedom Movement (BFM) in the Western Province.

“There is no issue there, laws have to be followed in this country. I don't know why people must panic, there is always a way to talk. Yes, they have to be arrested, they can't go about breaking people's vehicles and burning houses. If somebody burns your house today they have to be arrested,” said President Banda.

President Banda is expected to commission the housing project for police officers in the Eastern Province and to check on progress on the Chipata-Mfuwe road.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home