Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Panji gives Hakainde 48-hour ultimatum to retract, apologise

Panji gives Hakainde 48-hour ultimatum to retract, apologise
By Chibaula Silwamba
Wed 06 Apr. 2011, 04:01 CAT

COLONEL Panji Kaunda has accused Hakainde Hichilema of being a liar and has given him a two-day ultimatum to retract his lies and apologise for alleging that he left UPND because he was broke. Col Panji said if Hichilema doesn't retract the statement and correct it, he will be in court to substantiate his claims.

“He Hichilema said I was broke; I wanted money from him; he didn't give me money, that's why I left. That is not true,” said Col Panji, the 64-year-old son of Dr Kenneth Kaunda.

“I am giving him 48 hours to retract that statement and apologise to the nation and the youths because a leader who wants to go into State House should not lie. If he doesn't retract the statement and correct it, I will get legal advice and he will be in court to go and substantiate his statement.”

Col Panji advised Hichilema to stop the bad habit of telling lies.

“I want to inform Mr Hakainde that what he is saying to the people is a lie. When we had a meeting where he said those tribal sentiments, UPND vice-president Mr Richard Kapita wasn’t there.

Secondly, I haven't seen Mr Hakainde for almost two and half years since the 2008 elections. What he is saying is not true.”

Col Panji recently endorsed the presidential candidature of Patriotic Front leader Michael Sata saying that was the most realistic thing to do because Hichilema had no capacity to win the Republican presidency. Answering a question from a caller during a QFM Radio’s Monday Nite Live program who queried him about Col Panji’s revelations concerning him, Hichilema said the revelations were not correct but that it was something that was expected from someone who expected cash but never got it.

Two weeks ago, Col Panji revealed that Hichilema had told him and ex-diplomat George Zulu in 2008 that he could not work under Sata and that people were opposed to his candidature because he is Tonga.

Col Panji said Hichilema had queried him and Zulu whether they thought he could be president of Zambia but Zulu had told the UPND leader that they considered him to be vice-president.

“Then Mr Hakainde said, 'yes, I know, because I am Tonga, you guys don’t want me to be president. Everybody who is calling in is saying that I must be vice-president. Do you think us Tongas cannot be presidents? Even Ng'andu Magande that was why he was not made MMD president because he is Tonga. Late Mazoka's victory was stolen from him because he was Tonga’,” Col Panji revealed.

“Then I said, ‘No Mr president, Andy Mazoka was Tonga, the people of Zambia voted for him in large numbers. You, when you were UDA president you were Tonga, we voted for you. It’s not about being Tonga. We are saying that if you go in as individual parties, you will lose.’ Then Mr Hakainde said: ‘Do you guys support Sata? Do you think he is normal?’”

Col Panji further revealed when he and Zulu suggested that since he Hichilema did not want to work with Sata, he should consider asking Kapita to serve as vice-president, the UPND leader indicated that he could do that.

“Then Mr Hakainde said, ‘yes, I will give you Kapita but then I will resign and when I resign UPND is gone. I am UPND; UPND is me. Even if you come with AK 47s, I will be the last Tonga standing here. I know I am going to stand; I know I am going to lose. But I will make sure Sata does not win’,” revealed Col Panji.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home