Thursday, May 17, 2012

Scott says government house is too big for him

Scott says government house is too big for him
By Moses Kuwema
Thu 17 May 2012, 12:00 CAT

GOVERNMENT House is too big for us, says Vice-President Dr Guy Scott. In an interview, Vice-President Scott said the Government House, the official residence of the Republican Vice-President, was not only too big but also very public.

Vice-President Scott has not moved into Government House since his appointment in September last year.

"That house is too big for me and my wife and too public, it's a public establishment. It's a very small family that we have, it's just my wife and my daughter sometimes staying with us. That house is like a hotel, it has got about 10 rooms, it's got four, five dining rooms.

I don't need such an establishment. I am very comfortable at the farmhouse. I have always lived on the farm and I don't intend to make efforts to change that. I like living in the bush," Vice-President Scott said.

He said the government house also needed to be worked on.

"It needs some work on it before it is fit for occupation. I would not want to waste public funds building up Government House, so as for now we have just continued staying on the farm. I have been very busy since I was given this job and the important thing is what comes with this job. The works cost tax-payers money and I am reluctant to push it," he said.

Vice-President Scott also said the fear of getting fired was not an issue as he could easily move back to his farmhouse.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home