Sunday, July 08, 2012

Power doesn't excite me, says Kabimba

Power doesn't excite me, says Kabimba
By Mwala Kalaluka and Allan Mulenga
Sun 08 July 2012, 13:24 CAT

WYNTER Kabimba says Andrew Banda should not think that everyone gets excited of being close to those in power the way he was when his father went to State House.

Reacting to comments by former president Rupiah Banda's son, Andrew, that Kabimba would soon realise the challenges that came with privileges of being close to the head of state, Kabimba said being close to those in power did not excite him.

Andrew, in reaction to Kabimba's earlier statement that Banda and his children ran a corrupt regime, said Kabimba was not the supreme law to judge others and that Zambians should wait for relevant investigative wings to probe the former head of state and his family.

But Kabimba, who is PF secretary general, said: "I want to tell Andrew Banda that this is not the first time that I am in a position of power. I was town clerk for Kitwe City Council at a very young age. I was head of department for Lusaka City Council at a relatively young age and I became Town Clerk for Lusaka City Council at a relatively young age."

He said he worked with governors at that time and that he was also close to presidential power.

"I didn't have to be related to them but I was close to those in the corridors of power," Kabimba said. "I have never been excited of being close to people in power. It is not one thing that has excited me the way he Andrew was excited when his father was at State House."

He said his principle was to be conscious of his proximity to the corridors of power because he had been there before.

Kabimba said when one had power in their possession, they must not abuse it but that they must use it to uplift society.

"I will use the little power and the privilege which the people of Zambia have given me to be close to the President to make the President serve the people of Zambia better than any other president has done," said Kabimba.

"I will use my relationship with the President to see to it that the President is a better President for all Zambian people so that he serves the Zambian people better than Rupiah Banda and Chiluba, because the two are not examples of good Zambian presidents."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home