Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Sata is not my enemy - Mukuni

Sata is not my enemy - Mukuni
By Edwin Mbulo in Livingstone
Wed 04 July 2012, 13:24 CAT

SOUTHERN Province chiefs are to meet President Michael Sata at an undisclosed time and agenda. And chief Mukuni says it is not true that he is an enemy of President Sata as many people had asserted but that as a traditional leader, his role was to work with the government of the day.

Chief Mukuni, who welcomed President Sata at Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula International Airport on Monday and also later joined him at Villa Grounds at a rally to drum up support for the party's candidate Joseph Akafumba, advised the PF to be accommodative.

"To the PF, please don't chase anybody who intends to join you. If you do, you will be blocking yourselves. The President has already taken the provincial headquarters to Choma and I have talked to him that we need to grow the tourism sector and he has agreed to look at all problems. I also told the President that we as chiefs in Southern Province want to meet him and he has agreed, so as traditional leaders we shall soon be meeting President Sata," chief Mukuni said.

He reiterated the sentiments when he addressed Livingstone residents at Villa Grounds during the rally.

"It is not true as many people have been saying that I'm an enemy of the President. Others have been saying I insult the President, it is not true. I will work with the government of the day for the benefit of my subjects," chief Mukuni said.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home