Tuesday, October 23, 2012

GBM ready to be taken on

GBM ready to be taken on
By Roy Habaalu
Tue 23 Oct. 2012, 15:50 CAT

DEFENCE minister Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba says there is a clique in PF plotting his downfall. Featuring on Kasama's Radio Mano programme with justice deputy minister Alfridah Kansembele Mwamba, Mwamba said those working against him should be ready to take him on.

In an apparent reference to justice minister Wynter Kabimba, Mwamba said some people in the party were not elected but wanted to take over PF.

"Don't listen to these people who want to bring confusion. They're just few, they are not elected like me. They want to take over PF from us members. That's my advice; it's up to you to listen," Mwamba said.

"What you are reading in the media is speculation. We all know that President Michael Sata has two terms as President; within one year we've started fighting. There are some people who've formed cliques in Parliament and Cabinet looking for cases against me, including my businesses, forgetting that I have been a businessman, unlike them within a short time they've become rich," said Mwamba.

"This war they've started, they should be ready for it. I will tell you more my people; so that you tell me what to do. You will hear a lot of things because there are groups against me; because I am President Sata's hard core supporter. Without knowing that, some of our friends have begun a campaign to succeed him in 2016."

Mwamba said when he was appointed into government, he was not told his family and himself should not engage in business.

Mwamba said he made his money in Kasama and wondered why he was being labelled corrupt.

He said the Frederick Chiluba, Levy Mwanawasa and Rupiah Banda governments had tried to accuse him of corruption but failed to prove the allegations.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home