Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Limata pledges her best to develop Choma

Limata pledges her best to develop Choma
By Brina Manenga-Siwale in Livingstone
Wed 21 Nov. 2012, 13:30 CAT

SOUTHERN Province minister Josephine Limata says nothing is happening in Choma to prepare it as the new provincial headquarters for the province.

And Limata says she is not in Southern Province as a minister but as a servant of the people. She said time had come for the province to embark on developmental activities in Choma.

"We are now going to start developing it and I will not rest until that happens. There is nothing happening in Choma but I am promising the people of Southern Province that we are starting the projects," Limata, who was moved from North Western Province last week, told journalists in Livingstone on Monday.

She said the first project to be undertaken in Choma was the construction of offices that would accommodate the civil servants.
Limata, however, said the concentration would not only be on the construction of civil servants' offices but others to accommodate different organisations.

And Limata said leaders must listen to the people they serve.

"Some people always think that when you are a minister, you are a boss. You are not a boss, you are a servant. You must listen to the people. Listen to even the lowest person in government or any organisation. If you don't listen, then you fail and I will fail if I don't listen to the people," she said.

Limata said she was happy to be transferred to Southern Province.

"Where I am coming from (North-Western Province), I have done my part and the people are crying for me but I am happy that the President sent me here so that I can learn more from the people of Southern Province," said Limata.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home