Sunday, December 23, 2012

(LUSAKATIMES) I have a bright future in PF and will report to work on Monday

I have a bright future in PF and will report to work on Monday to carry out duties assigned to me by the President-Lubinda
TIME PUBLISHED - Sunday, December 23, 2012, 2:55 pm

Embattled Kabwata MP Kabwata Given Lubinda says he still has a bright future in the PF despite mounting pressure to resign from the ruling party.

In an interview in Lusaka, Mr. Lubinda said he does not see any reason why he should reconsider his future in the PF.

“I see my future very bright in the PF. There is no reason for me to start doubting my stay in the party. I’m here and I plan to stay here for the long haul.”

Mr. Lubinda stated that the party cadres who have petitioned for his removal from the party are merely exercising their democratic right.

“I have no control on how the cadres behave. They are not under my control and what they do is really not for me to control,” Mr. Lubinda explained.

He said as far as he is concerned, he is still a committed member of the PF and will continue with his commitment to the party.

Mr. Lubinda who is also Foreign Affairs Minister said he does not see why he should not report for work on Monday following threats that some PF cadres will block him from entering the Ministry Headquarters.

“I will go on and carry out my duties as assigned by President Michael Sata, I will report for work on Monday.”

Meanwhile, PF Secretary General Wynter Kabimba has instructed party cadres not to forcibly remove from office any party official facing disciplinary actions.

Mr. Kabimba told a party fundraiser in Chilanga on Saturday that party cadres should allow the full disciplinary process to run its course before removing anyone from office.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home