Thursday, May 09, 2013

Scott says comments on SA a dead issue
By Kombe Chimpinde
Wed 08 May 2013, 14:01 CAT

Vice-President Dr Guy Scott says the comments he made on South Africa are a dead issue now. Last week, South Africa summoned Zambia's High Commissioner to that country Muyeba Chikonde to explain statements attributed to Vice-President Scott.

Vice-President Scott is reported to have referred to South Africans as being backward in terms of historical development in an interview with the UK Guardian newspaper. In view of his statement, some opposition political parties have been calling for his resignation.

But Vice-President Scott yesterday said chief government spokesperson Kennedy Sakeni had given a position on the matter and that he was not prepared to speak on the matter.

"The official government spokesperson has said what the official government position is and its kwamana (over). I have got many other jobs to do and statements to make. The issue is dead. I didn't see anything carried about it in South Africa, and Zambia should also get on with other issues," he said.

"I don't want to say anything. I told them in Oxford, (when) somebody asked me that I have set that rabbit running for you to catch. It's not for me to catch the same rabbit which I have set running. I can't release the same rabbit twice. I am sorry, I am not prepared to speak on this issue."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home