Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fiancee dumps Max

Fiancee dumps Max
By Katwishi Bwalya and Joseph Mwenda
Wednesday September 19, 2007 [04:00]

ZAMBIA’S Big Brother Africa 2 housemate Maxwell Chongo has been dumped by his fiancée, Suli Sinkala, for what she terms his foolish behaviour while in the House. And Maxwell, who arrived in Lusaka yesterday, said he would miss South Africa's Lerato and Ghana's Kwaku in the Big Brother House. Suli confirmed in an interview with The Post that she had dumped Maxwell.

Suli was earlier invited by Big Brother to attend Max’s eviction ceremony last Sunday but shunned the event and was conspicuously absent from at the airport yesterday.

“I don’t want anything to do with Max because his relationship with Lerato has spoiled everything that was between us,” Suli said.

“I can confirm to you that I am Max’s ex-girlfriend or fiancée and that whatever was between us is over and when I come to Lusaka I will find time to tell his mother who also I’m sure is disappointed with his behaviour.”

She said Max knew whatever he was doing while in the Big Brother house and wondered what explanation he could give her to justify his actions.

“He slept with Lerato (South African housemate) in his sober state and how do take that as a lady? Fine, when he first kissed her I did not get offended because I knew it was a game hopping things would not go the way things went but it will be foolish of him to justify why he embarrassed himself by sleeping with Lerato,” she said.

Suli disclosed that she was against Max’s idea of going into the Big Brother House because she was aware of the repercussions.

“When he told me that he was chosen to represent Zambia in the Big Brother House I was against that Idea. But because he loved the game, I had no option but to support him. But this is what I get in return,” Suli said.

“Let me tell you this, if Max loved me he was not going to sleep with that girl. He never mentioned my name in the house, he completely forgot about me and then what will people think of me? Fine, it was a game but there are other people’s feelings involved.

“There is no turning point for me because I have gone through a lot while he was sleeping around in that house. It’s time for me to move on. As you know I am doing a degree programme so I want to concentrate on my studies. The four years we have been together is enough.

“I will not be there at the airport not even at his party because I have told you that I don’t want anything to do with Max because it is over between the two of us,” Suli said.

And speaking to an M-net television crew shortly after arriving aboard a South African airline, Maxwell said he was glad to be back home.

“It feels great to be home and see my people, I can’t remember the last time I saw a car. I can’t remember the last time I saw 50 people and I lost track of date and time,” said Maxwell.

However, no fans were at the airport to welcome Maxwell.

Only his sisters and brother were on hand to welcome him at the airport.
Max, who looked excited, when asked what he would miss most from the BBA house, Maxwell said, “I Miss Baby! I miss Lerato and I miss Kwaku,” he said.

Maxwell expressed hope that Lerato would be the last to leave the house.
“It’s tricky now, because after I left the house, the house mates were in two camps so if Lerato doesn’t make it, I see Maureen winning,” Maxwell said.

He also said he wanted to join an NGO that supported the fight against HIV/AIDS.
“I want to join an NGO and spend time in fighting AIDS, sexual abuse at places of work and child labour,” he said.

Maxwell was evicted last Sunday after 12 countries voted against him.

Eight housemates from Zimbabwe, Ghana, Nigeria, Angola, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and South Africa remain in the house. the show ends on November 11.

Maxwell is the fourth housemate to be evicted after Botswana’s Justice, Kenya’s Jeff and Namibia’s Meryl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home