Sunday, January 06, 2008

Levy was misinformed about me, says Chona

Levy was misinformed about me, says Chona
By Amos Malupenga
Sunday January 06, 2008 [03:00]

Former Task Force on Corruption chairman Mark Chona has disclosed that he was relieved of his duties because President Levy Mwanawasa was misinformed about him. In a profile interview, Chona said he left the Task Force a happy man, knowing that he had done nothing wrong.

He said President Mwanawasa was fed with wrong information by those who have become professionals at manipulation, hence the decision against him. Chona said he was even accused of meeting with Post editor Fred M’membe when he had not done so.

He said before he was relieved of his duties, President Mwanawasa told him at State House that he was informed that he met with M’membe, among other issues.

“You see, leaders make decisions based on the information they are given, right or wrong,” Chona said.

“When I was leaving, I held my cross and said, ‘I am sorry, your sources could be your worst enemies’. But it his exit from the Task Force came just at the right time because somebody else had to show that these cases are extremely difficult. I knew that would be the case.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home