Thursday, March 25, 2010

I’ve come back to protect my integrity, says Mahtani

COMMENT - See a video interview here on Youtube.

I’ve come back to protect my integrity, says Mahtani
By Amos Malupenga
Thu 25 Mar. 2010, 04:00 CAT

Rajan Mahtani yesterday declared that he is back in the country to defend his integrity. In an interview at his office in Lusaka after his return from abroad, Mahtani, who is Mahtani Group of Companies chairman, said he was happy to be back home.

“I am glad to be back home especially after attending to my urgent medical treatment,” Mahtani said.

“I have only been away four weeks during which time there appears to have been major turbulence in my Group organisations. It is sad that a number of commercial cases, in litigation, have now been turned into 'criminal' issues with a view of 'extortion' and 'blackmail'. It is also apparent that injunctions appear to have been contemptuously flouted. As a proud Zambian, I decided to shorten my treatment and return with a view of defending my reputation, integrity and dignity contrary to media reports. My Christian beliefs prevent me from being 'judgmental' and we are taught that vengeance is the Lord's.

“I have every confidence in His Excellency the President, Mr Rupiah Banda, his government and indeed the judiciary and the rule of law prevailing. I have great faith that all allegations against me personally and my Group will pass the test of due process.”

Mahtani thanked all his stakeholders, members of staff, friends and the Church for “their continued loyalty and support”. He said he would not say much for now considering that some cases were already before court.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home