Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mwanachingwala has restored lost glory of the chiefdom – Mwampula

Mwanachingwala has restored lost glory of the chiefdom – Mwampula
By Justine Kawisha in Mazabuka
Thu 18 Mar. 2010, 03:40 CAT

SOME members of the Mwanachingwala royal family have defended chief Mwanachingwala as the right person to be on the throne.

In an interview, spokesperson for the group Mwampula Musokola said chief Mwanachingwala had restored the lost glory of the chiefdom since he ascended to the throne as evidenced by the reduction in cases of stock theft and numerous developmental projects initiated by the chief and the people.

Musokola wondered why some family members only wanted to favour those from one family yet there were a lot of suitable people who qualify to be chiefs.

And chief Mwanachingwala said in a telephone interview that there was no royal establishment in his chiefdom and that Mutelo Haamanji, whom he described as a slave, was just a masquerade.

Chief Mwanachingwala who sounded annoyed said he stopped working with Mazabuka Radio station because it always insulted him.

"I am not interested to talk to you, you Mazabuka radio, why are you interested in our chieftainship? Don't talk about Bellon and Mutelo because those are slaves who have got nothing to do with our chieftainship, those are slaves and don't ring me any more again.

I am telling you not to ring me again. I am not your chief because you always insult me. I am not your chief.

What are you talking about? You were asking Michael Sata, what questions were you asking Sata (during the Livewire programme on Saturday)?

I was listening. I am not a fool, don't ring me any more. I have been telling you several times to say don't ring me, I will make your radio station closed if you are playing with me," said chief Mwanachingwala before cutting the line.

On Sunday, Haamanji said the Mwanachingwala Royal Family Establishment in Mazabuka had passed a vote of no confidence against chief Mwanachingwala and had directed him to immediately step down for dragging the chiefdom into disrepute and shame.

Haamanji disclosed yesterday that the entire royal family had unanimously resolved to evict Charles Malambo from the throne.

But when contacted to confirm the development, chief Mwanachingwala did not say anything as he immediately cut the phone line when this reporter introduced the topic.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home