Friday, August 19, 2011

MMD will not succeed in Luwingu, says Mulonga

MMD will not succeed in Luwingu, says Mulonga
By Kabanda Chulu in Kitwe
Fri 19 Aug. 2011, 11:55 CAT

IMMEDIATE past MMD Lupososhi parliamentarian Albert Mulonga says the
ruling party will not win in Luwingu district because party officials have
rejected Kelvin Mwansa who has been imposed as a last minute candidate.

And Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba has said people of Kasama Central are waiting
for election day to teach serious political lessons to MMD candidate
Chilekwa Munkonge.

Explaining his position to defend his constituency as an independent
candidate after the MMD replaced him with Mwansa a day before nominations
day, Mulonga said indicators were pointing to failure for the MMD
candidate.

“Out of 13 wards in Lupososhi constituency, the MMD failed to file in
nominations in Mwelawamanga and Tandashi Wards because the adopted
candidates also decided to be with me and they advised that I stand since
they were not happy with the way I was withdrawn,” Mulonga said.

“As we speak, Kelvin Mwansa is finding it difficult to campaign because MMD
officials have rejected him and since this is the wish of the people that
I stand, we shall prove MMD wrong that I am a weak candidate.”

He said some MMD officials wanted to tarnish his name by reporting to the
police about theft of campaign materials.

“MMD is panicking because my winning chances are very high, this is why
they reported to the police that I stole campaign materials but I
explained that those materials (t-shirts, chitenges and bicycles) were
given to me freely for onward distribution to cadres who are now
disappointed with what MMD has done,” said Mulonga.

And Mwamba, who is immediate past Kasama Central parliamentarian, said the
PF has no challenges in the area.

“I am on top of things and my campaigns are going on smoothly and I am
from officiating at a football tournament held in my honour which is
staged in Munkonge area, people are saying that ‘let Chilekwa come and see
for himself’,” said Mwamba. “People are just waiting for the elections.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home