Monday, December 03, 2012

ACC summons Kabimba

ACC summons Kabimba
By Misheck Wangwe in Kitwe
Sun 02 Dec. 2012, 11:30 CAT

THE Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has summoned PF secretary general Wynter Kabimba to appear before the Commission tomorrow. The ACC in the past two months have been investigating Kabimba over oil contract deals and defence minister Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba commonly known as (GBM) on allegations that he solicited for a contract to supply and deliver Zesco poles.

Kabimba early last month gave the ACC a seven-day ultimatum to make public its findings on allegations of corruption levelled against him. In an interview in Kitwe on Friday, Kabimba said he was phoned on Friday by the ACC director general Rosewin Wandi and asked him to report to their offices tomorrow.

"The ACC has summoned me. We didn't agree on the time but it's on Monday and I told them to call me on Monday. When the director general of ACC Mrs Wandi phoned, she mentioned that she was going out of the country. She can go in fact I don't want to deal with an officer who knows me. I just want to deal with an officer of ACC, any officer. I will be comfortable dealing with any officer. I will be there on Monday. I want them to tell me, what it is that they have against me," he said.

Kabimba said he would fully cooperate and submit to the ACC on the ongoing investigations on the allegations of corruption that had been raised against him.

When contacted to confirm the summoning of Kabimba, Wandi declined to comment over the matter and asked this reporter to do a press query to the commission public relations manager, Timothy Moono.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home