Friday, December 21, 2012

KK says he proudly supports Sata

KK says he proudly supports Sata
By Edwin Mbulo in Livingstone
Thu 20 Dec. 2012, 14:00 CAT

DR Kenneth Kaunda says he is not a PF cadre and his support for President Michael Sata is because the President is honest in doing things.

Speaking on arrival at Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula International Airport for a three-day holiday, Dr Kaunda, who was welcomed by Southern Province permanent secretary Chileshe Mulenga and other government officials, said he was too old to be a cadre.

"After president Levy Mwanawasa's death, president Rupiah Banda said that Frederick Chiluba was his political and economical advisor. I was surprised and all the charges that Levy had put on Chiluba were removed. But when Sata came in, things changed again just like Levy. And he has started to look after me and I'm grateful. It's not that I want to be a PF cadre. I'm not. I'm an old man, 88 years young," he said.

Dr Kaunda appealed to Zambians to give President Sata clean support so that he could lead the nation to the best of his ability.

"Just give him time. That man will lead Zambia in a very good way. What he is doing is more or less what I was doing during my time. And that is what Levy was trying to do. I can assure you that this man needs clean support and not something dirty. Let him lead this country to the best of his ability and all of us will be happy. He is honest in doing things. He is doing the right things in the right way so I have no problems in supporting him. I have no problem at all. I'm supporting an innocent man," he said.

Dr Kaunda emotionally narrated how he was subjected to a six months house arrest after he was released from Mukobeko Prison by Chiluba in 1997. He said the house arrest was after being released under pressure from late Tanzanian leader Dr Julius Nyerere.

"After they released me from prison, I found a ring of 13 prison warders looking after my wife and outside was another bigger fence of armed policemen. Without trial, I was in prison in my own house for six months. Fortunately when Levy came in, things changed and he built a house where I live and began to get allowances for me to serve the people of Zambia," Dr Kaunda explained.

Asked for his Christmas message to Zambians, Dr Kaunda said Zambians had a duty to support President Sata who had continued to grow on the Lusaka governorship foundation of which he was proud to have appointed him.

And Dr Chileshe said President Sata was teaching Zambians practical ways of honouring parents.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home