Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Chirwa must stop his silly pronouncements - Scott
By Allan Mulenga
Wed 11 Dec. 2013, 14:01 CAT

VICE-PRESIDENT Dr Guy Scott has advised Professor Clive Chirwa against making silly public pronouncements over his Zambian citizenship. In an interview on Monday, Vice-President Scott said the government was not losing any sleep over Prof Chirwa's threats to renounce his Zambian citizenship.

"I don't know what he wants to achieve. He is facing some sort of investigation or charges. It makes no difference whether he even becomes a citizen of the moon. It doesn't make any difference, so we are not losing any sleep over it," he said.

"My advice to him is to stop making silly public pronouncements like that; 'I will throw away my citizenship', so what?"

Vice-President Scott said he renounced his British citizenship to become a Zambian a long time ago.

"He doesn't want to be a Zambian, that's all. I renounced my British citizenship many years ago to become a Zambian citizen. Now if he wants to throw away a Zambian passport, let him throw it away," said Vice-President Scott.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home