Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sata stops dealing with The Post

Sata stops dealing with The Post
By Lambwe Kachali
Wednesday August 27, 2008 [04:00]

PATRIOTIC Front (PF) president Michael Sata yesterday said he had stopped dealing with The Post but would work with Times of Zambia. Sata asked the author of the story to leave his office at Farmers House, where the latter had gone to conduct an interview, saying he would never give a story to The Post. He accused The Post of supporting the MMD.

"You people have started it again; you are supporting MMD and Maureen Mwanawasa. We know you. Zambians are aware that you are for MMD. So what do you want to get from me? Just get out of this place. I will never deal with The Post again. Just leave my place," a seemingly angry Sata shouted as he got the Times of Zambia newspaper. "Have you read the story in this Times of Zambia paper?"

Sata said his trip to Chipata was not political and that it was basically aimed at mourning President Levy Mwanawasa until the burial.

"You even failed to use my pictures where I knelt before Maureen to greet her, but the Times of Zambia has used it. All I went there Chipata to mourn my brother Levy just like any other mourner across the country," said Sata before going back into his office.
Later, one of Sata's guards angrily asked the author to get out of his office.

"Just leave, the president has vowed already that he will never give The Post interviews any more. He has vowed in our presence and that is an instruction enough for me to get you out of here. Leave immediately; I say now," shouted Sata's guard.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home