Tuesday, February 15, 2011

(HERALD) African beauties hail Zim

African beauties hail Zim
Monday, 14 February 2011 23:28 Local News
Herald Reporter

Visiting African beauties have heaped praise on Zimbabwe, saying the country they are seeing contrasts sharply with what the Western media claim.

During a tour of Harare yesterday, beauty queens from African countries who are here courtesy of the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority said they would encourage people back home to tour the country.

They were here to watch Saturday’s Miss Zimbabwe pageant finals.

Miss Tourism Ghana, Charlotte Sika Quaguaring (21), gushed: “My experience of the country since I arrived on Friday has been wonderful.

“The people of Zimbabwe are nice and hospitable and I like the food in Zimbabwe.
“Harare is beautiful: the buildings, the streets and the weather.
“I will encourage other people to visit the country.”
Miss Zambia, 21-year-old Zindaba Hanzala, said she had also found that Zimbabwe had a lot of business potential.
The marketing student said, “The reception I got was overwhelming and I enjoyed the football match between the Mighty Warriors (Zimbabwe senior women soccer team) and our team even though we lost.
“Zimbabwe is a country with a lot of potential and I can see a lot of opportunities here which I can take up.”
She added: “I am going to be coming back.
“Zimbabwe is different from the perspectives you are given on CNN or BBC.”
Miss Botswana First Princess, Naledi Moshoeshoe (23), said she had never believed the Western media claims about Zimbabwe.
“I have been to Zimbabwe before, visiting Bulawayo and Plumtree and saw everything first hand.
“I was treated nice and when the media paints you guys bad I knew that was not the truth.”
ZTA head of public relations Mr Sugar Chagonda told The Herald that they wanted to foster regional integration and cultivate new tourism ambassadors for Zimbabwe.
Other countries from which representatives were drawn are Malawi and Namibia while Miss Zimbabwe United Kingdom, Gabriella Mudhliwa, was also invited.
Former Miss Zimbabwe Samantha Tshuma last year toured Ghana.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home